Course length: 20 Weeks
Practical hands-on training. Students complete a blueprint reading component as an independent study with instructor assistance. No previous welding experience required for this program. Three key areas of study are covered:
- Introduction to SMAW welding in all positions on plate, with backing and without.
- GTAW & SMAW: Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) open root passes, E7018 fill and caps
- SMAW: E6010/E6011 open root passes, E7018 fill and caps
- Two Pipe Tests included (TSSA)
- Resume development/job search assistance.