General Welding Skills
Course length: 23 weeks
This program combines practical, hands-on experience with units in welding theory and blueprint reading as independent study modules with instructor assistance. Instruction covers the following key areas:
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) in the flat position to Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) standard
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) flat, horizontal and vertical to CWB standards
- Pending completion of above, students may also train on Flux-cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) machines.
- CWB Certification tests in GMAW flat, SMAW flat, horizontal and vertical are included (one test plate per position, one retest available if required).
- Review sessions in blueprint reading and welding theory as required.
- Resume development/job search assistance.